- Firstly I will assess what you already know and what level you are starting from so we can bypass the stuff you already do well.
- Loads of personalised individual attention from your teacher.
- No other class members to wait for (or hold up), so you can learn at your own pace.
- You’ll be able to learn quicker. You can do as much, and as often, as time and money allows.
- You can learn at a time convenient to you.
- Your teacher can come to you, if you find it dificult to get away from other responsibilities.
- We can concentrate on one key area of style or technique, which may not be as easy to do in a class environment.
- Private tango lessons offer an environment where you can ask questions you may not want to ask in front of a large group.
- Private dance lessons are the most effective tool in taking your dancing to a new level of proficiency.
I am very happy to do private tango lessons for singles, couples or small groups of up to four people (so you can share the cost), at your home or a venue of your choice. We can set the agenda by agreement, or if you just need ‘a Tango MOT’ or a specific improvement in technique, I will come along and suggest improvements to core technique and style.
If you want to start from scratch as a new starter to tango, I am happy to teach you from entry level up to the point where you out grow me, using my usual structured approach 🙂
For larger groups of of more than four people who want to share the cost of private classes instead of attending public classes, contact me and we can arrange something.
If you are unsure as to whether you would enjoy having private sessions with me, the simplest method of trying out any dance teacher is to attend a few of their public classes to assess their capability, character and teaching methods, so please come along to meet me before making a decision about taking private lessons with me.
If I have time on the day chosen for your private dance lessons, I can do as long a lesson as you like. My fees are charged as shown on the Prices page.
To keep your costs as low as possible I am happy to hold the private dance lessons in your home if you have a nice wooden or smooth floor, and enough room (typically 3 m x 3m minimum, but I’m prepared to travel to you for the first lesson and advise you on your space), otherwise the cost of hiring a venue will be additional to my fee, as will reasonable travel costs where I travel outside a 20 mile radius of Watford.